moving on

Here's an interesting milestone in my CI journey:  I'm going to move into a different office.  For most of the last eight years or so I've been in an office that's next to a room that we use for plant management meetings (so if it's in use I'm likely in there) and to a larger room that we use for training.

You can see where this is going, right?  Prior to having the CI I was rarely bothered by noise (even though my office is also next to the door, and when the production employees go off-shift it's somewhat Flintstone-esque in that they're often talking and laughing with each other or on their phones, and often stop at my office door to say good night, which is really nice of them except that I'm frequently trying to concentrate).

Is there a rule about parenthetics that are longer than the actual sentence content?  

Anyway, lately I've been beyond annoyed by the noise level during training.  Added to that is that the room is also often used for crew meetings (20+ people) and it can sound like they're having a kegger in there, which might be okay if it were a) true and b) they invited me.  But I'm sitting in here with my door shut an awful lot lately, so I'm going to get with our plant facilities manager tomorrow about moving my office to what is currently a small conference room and put the conference room in my office.

And then I realized what a big deal that is, from the standpoint of CI progress.  Not unlike the realization that I had recently that my hearing aid, which used to provide essentially ALL of my hearing, is no longer really even noticeable compared to my CI.

And in another six weeks or so I'll be having my second surgery, and three weeks after that I'll have TWO CIs. 

So, yeah, I'm getting with Troy about moving.  😀

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

where do we go from here?

post time

phhht