w00t

I had an appointment with my audiologist today; remapping (badly needed, I'd gone all echo-y and we got THAT mostly adjusted out) and for my three-month testing to see where I am (and also to confirm that I should proceed with my second surgery).

Well.  Where I am is really, really good.  My word comprehension, in the absence of context, last February - with my hearing aids - was 19%.  Today, with the CI alone it was 89% and with the CI and the hearing aid, 92%.  

I don't actually wear my hearing aid  anymore, though the audiologist said I should try to wear it between now and my surgery, just to keep my left auditory nerve active.  But it did help a bit.  Apparently the average score at 3 months is around 60% so even though I felt like I got a slow start, I'm really getting a lot of benefit from this, and when I get my second CI it can only get better!

This is just wonderful news.  I knew it was better - how could I not?  But I don't know that I expected this.



 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

where do we go from here?

post time

phhht