rehab, rehab and more rehab

The instructions that I had from my audiologist were to use both CIs at work - and I'd have to anyway, at least at first I'm not getting enough from the new one to be functional - but use just the new one at home so I can push the rehab as much as possible.

When I started with the first one I used the word discrimination apps a lot, but I'm not finding that necessary this time.  I've been watching a lot of videos and each day the voices are a bit clearer and that floaty sound that was overpowering the voices when I was first activated is getting less and less prominent and will soon be gone.  It's been gratifying to realize that the rehab is really going quite quickly.

But I need volume.  Last time I gradually increased volume - the audiologist programs your map onto all four program buttons and just makes each one a bit louder, so you can gradually increase the volume from nothing, which is what you were used to before, to something near what you'll want it to be to be functional.  But this time I wanted more volume than even the fourth button gave me by Friday night.  I have an appointment on Wednesday and am going to ask for some serious volume then.  We may have to turn down the right CI a little bit if the overall volume is too much, but I have to be able to hear in order to rehab this thing.  When I'm watching on the TV in the porch (that is, during my treadmill workout) I can turn the volume up but I've also been watching some old stuff on my laptop that I can stream at no cost because of Amazon Prime membership.  And my laptop only goes to ten, sadly, and I need it at 11.

Where's Nigel when you need him?   

Comments

  1. Do you have any external speakers you could connect to the audio output jack of your laptop? Or could you use that thing that allows you to directly connect to a sound source?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

where do we go from here?

post time

phhht