scrape scrap scrabble and scrooge

I had a dental appointment today, just a regular checkup and cleaning (no cavities!  As I told the dentist, I kind of figure I'm entitled to have something that works properly, and I guess my teeth are it).  

But while the hygienist was cleaning my teeth I realized that I could hear the noise that the little metal implement makes when they scrape the teeth to clean them.  It's not exactly music but it's today's milestone, though I'm still kind of bemused by some of my earlier ones.  I opened a bottle of sparkling water today and sat and listened to it decompress for at least a minute, and then while my teeth were being cleaned I was listening to all the beeps and background noises at the dentist.  My dentist does cleanings and checkups in an area that has divider but not four actual walls (you do get a room with walls for fillings or crowns or whatever) and I could hear people talking in the other cubicles and occasionally even understood a few words.  Not that I really WANT to, you know, but it was there and I could hear it and so I listened.  It's all cool.

And then I was walking back to my car when I saw a new shop in the neighborhood where my dentist is, called CoPilot Dog Outfitters and stopped in to buy some treats for my brother's dog.  It was a pretty cool shop and they had some nice goodies for Oreo.

I have a remapping on Monday - I'm pretty sure we're going to have to continue to adjust the volume levels at some frequencies, but things are sounding better now than they have before, so I'm hoping that the adjustment to the new map is fast and I can achieve stability with the maps.  

Because I want to talk to my surgeon in early August about getting my other ear done.  I feel uneven now and am ready to go! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

where do we go from here?

post time

phhht