tv again

It's kind of odd, that most of the noticeable advances I've made in my ability to listen to music have been while I'm watching TV - background music, more or less.  There was the singing a few weeks ago, and then last night there was a song in the program I was watching while I was on the treadmill - just a guy singing, no band or anything, and it sounded wonderfully clear.

But that only ever happens when I'm listening with both CIs.  I do, for the most part, but I'm still trying to do rehab with the left because it's not really completely stable yet.  At my last mapping we ended up reducing the volume of the lower frequencies a bit - not by design, but because that's how it ended up using the standard mapping process.  

But I think it was too much.  It's been over a month and the high frequencies are still distorted, and it doesn't really even sound like what I've been used to in the early stages.  On the right I had the beepy Mickey Mouse sounds, and on the left I had a sort of floating high pitched sound that didn't sound like a cartoon character, but was clearly the frequencies that I had to learn to hear.

But this isn't either of those, it really does sound just distorted.  So I emailed my audiologist and will be going in next Wednesday and we're going to turn down the high frequencies on the left CI a bit and see what that does.  Later on (mid-April) I'm still hoping for an appointment with the Med-El audiologist, who will be in town and may be able to help with the echo on the right.

If all goes well when we go on vacation things might be sounding pretty good.  

Now if only I could get a CI that can translate for me!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

where do we go from here?

post time

phhht