one year in

I'm within a week of being one year from my first activation.  I'm also very close to being six months from my second one.  The second CI complicated things.  Having two makes your brain start over with rehab, and it's kind of frustrated doing the same thing twice in the same year.  

But you know, it works.  So yesterday I had the last of my scheduled audiology appointments - from now on I have to request an appointment when I want one.  I'll probably go in later this summer, and soon I'll be just checking in annually.

But yesterday we did some testing, and I learned what I already knew:  that despite the frustration and the imperfect sound, things are going really well.  So to recap my last hearing test and add yesterday's results, I give you this:

 
Prior to implantation, with two hearing aids:          19% comprehension

Three months after right side implanted:               89% with CI only
                                                                          92% with CI and HA

Three months after left side implanted:                 87% with right CI only
                                                                          84% with left CI only
                                                                          93% with both Cis

Six months with bilateral Cis:                              94% with right CI only
                                                                        90% with left CI only
                                                                        97% with both

We also did some testing with background noise.  Three months ago I got something like 45% with background noise, and today that was at 64%.

I keep on saying it, but it continues to be true:  this just keeps getting better.  And it's astonishing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

where do we go from here?

post time

phhht