nearly October

How did that happen?  In some ways it feels as though things have been just sort of normal, I go to work, I come home.  I listen to music in the car and in general it's getting better but there are odd changes in what sounds good, so that something that was sounding really pretty good all of a suddens sounds odd again.  My brain can't do a damn thing in a linear fashion, or so it seems sometimes.

Just your normal, average summer, I guess.  I go to work, I come home.  Well, there was that one week where, on Wednesday we went Jet-skiing on Lake Minnetonka, which scared the hell out of me before we went, but I put the waterwear on my processors and wore a scarf tied around them to make sure they didn't fall into the lake when I was jumping wakes at 30 mph.  And they didn't, and we had fun.  I've never really liked motor sports, but jet skis and waterskiing are my guilty pleasures, and it was a fun day. 

And then the day after that, we bought another house, which I'll have to admit is not something that occurs all that often.  Last time was in 1986.  We haven't sold the old one yet, so we're taking our time moving, but once we're there I'll be fifteen minutes from work, and we'll be out in the country, where there's no traffic noise (imagine, me complaining about traffic noise!) and we'll be building a pole barn to buy some extra space.

So, maybe not just any old summer.   And tonight I was watching a DVD of "Studio 60 On The Sunset Strip" while I was on the treadmill, and I watched the episode where Sting was a guest on the show, and he sang his song Fields of Gold.

That?  That sounded wonderful.  It's a beautiful song, and I was a little nervous, knowing that it was coming, and when he sang it, I could hear it, and it was beautiful.

Just beautiful.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

where do we go from here?

post time

phhht