sheesh

Last week I had some pain at my implant site.  Usually I just wait for things to go away, and I actually did wait four or five days with this.  But it didn't go away, so I made an appointment with my CI surgeon, and today was the first available appointment time I could have.

Naturally, over the weekend the pain receded and it really only hurts now if I poke at it.  But I went anyway, because it's my CI and my hearing and, you know, my head.  

It snowed today so it took me an hour and a half to get into Minneapolis, and then Dr. Huang looked at it and said, well that looks great, I don't see a thing wrong here.  She said she could take a CT scan but completely expected it to be clean.

Okay, but any idea what could have caused it?  Well, she said, can't say for sure, but there are a lot of really big muscles right under your ear there (they  hold your head up), and maybe you had a muscle spasm or something that created an ache right at the base of the implant.

So I probably drove 150 miles for nothing, but at least it's good to know that it's OK.  

And it wasn't really for nothing.  I hadn't seen her since my surgeries, and haven't ever had a chance to thank her properly for her part in this amazing journey of mine, so I did.  I told her what an astounding difference it's made in my life and thanked her for her skill and her part in restoring my hearing.

People should hear these things.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

where do we go from here?

post time

phhht