Damn.

I was scheduled to go to Durham, NC where Med-El has its North American headquarters for the week of March 30th; they conduct research there that supports development of the next generation of cochlear implants and CI recipients go there for a week of testing.  It's a chance to make a contribution as well as a chance to visit the company that gave us our hearing back.

My bad luck was to have scheduled my research week during what turned out to be a global pandemic.  Med-El has cancelled all corporate visits for the next month (which is extremely common, my employer has done so as well) and since the research was scheduled out through the end of the year, it's unlikely that I'll be able to do this in 2020.

It's deeply disappointing - call me a geek, but I was really looking forward to being able to combine learning more about the technology in my head and paying it forward to new recipients and to Med-El.

And yes, I know - if that's the worst thing that happens to me as a result of Covid-19 I'm quite lucky.

Still.  Dang.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

where do we go from here?

post time

phhht