something of a milestone

Today I was in my car driving to work, and listening to music, as I always do, and a song came on and I started singing along.  

And I could.  I mean, sure, I always could, but it sounded really odd - listening to your own voice as it goes through the microphones outside your head is kind of strange at first, and it never sounded great before.  I can't say that it DOES sound great even now - I have no illusions about the quality of my singing.  But I could hear it, and I could hear well enough to sing in tune and have it sound, if not good, at least minimally bad.

I mean, this is a commentary on my ability to sing - but it's really a milestone for my CI, the first time I could hear my own voice, have it sound right, and keep my singing in tune.  It was amazing.

Expecting to actually sound good is kind of like those old jokes - guy goes to the doctor with a broken leg and asks "doc, will I be able to dance when it heals?"  "Sure!"  says the doctor.  "You'll regain full function".

"Amazing!  I never could dance before!"  Ba-dum-bum.

So, no, I still can't sing well, but I can hear myself sing in a mediocre fashion, and that's a significant milestone with my CI.




Also:  countdown to second surgery:  15 days.  Whoo hoo! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

where do we go from here?

post time

phhht