here we go, redux

I'm just about ready for surgery #2.  I had my pre-op checkup with my doctor on September 28, and have been waiting to hear exactly what time on Friday my surgery is scheduled for.

I was in a meeting at 2:00 and didn't hear my cell phone ring - I mean, look, I have never used my cell phone for actual phone calls, and so I've never even set up my voice mail.  All I do is text and email on it.  I can't hear, right?  So I don't use the phone for calls.

But I went in and set up my voice mailbox with a password and checked, and sure enough, I had not one but SIX voice mails.  Two were junk calls and one was from my car dealer - and no, I don't want to trade up to a brand new CLA250.  I am quite looking forward to having this one paid off.  But two were from the surgery center and one from my surgeon's office.  I returned those calls and got everything all set up.  We have my surgery scheduled for 11:15 on Friday and I'm all set on what I have to do the night before (use antibacterial soap, twice, all over my body below the neck) and what I have to do the morning of surgery (use antibacterial soap, twice, all over my body below the neck, and not eat anything.  I can drink clear liquids up till mid-morning).

And then on Friday I go in for surgery!  And I found this - it's a short video showing the implantation process for the specific implant that I have:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOR_b8KmjVs


It's not an actual surgery video, it's more of a cartoon, but it shows that there's actually less drilling than I had previously thought, and I wasn't aware that they use a kind of grout over the lower edges of the drilled spot in my cranium.  I am pretty sure it's not actually called grout, but that's what it looks like.

This is so exciting, I will be able to hear from both sides for the first time in twenty years.  This is going to be great.  I'm really looking forward to getting the second side rehabbed enough so we can dial in the maps to work with each other.

I feel like flying.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

where do we go from here?

post time

phhht