symmetrical again

Done with surgery #2!  I'm a little tired and groggy but feel okay.  The surgery was just about two and a half hours, and I woke up with less pain than last time (which isn't the same as no pain, but I'll take it).  

We got home at 4:00 and I took a pain pill and have just slept off the effects of the anesthesia - it's REALLY nice to lose that dizzy feeling - and am going to have a bowl of soup now.

So far I can't hear in my newly implanted ear; I don't know yet whether the remaining natural hearing is lost or just temporarily blocked, the surgery result in liquid in the inner ear that will go away in time.

But I expected that and am OK either way.  It will be  something to adjust to - I've never been completely deaf before, but I have come to the realization that my natural hearing was not enough to worry about hanging on to.  The last week or so I've been wanting to hear through the CI(s) and get them working together.  

Sorry, residual natural hearing, but you just didn't cut it anymore.  I've jumped into the deep end and guess what? I know how to swim.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

where do we go from here?

post time

phhht