up and up

Recently I posted about a phone call and then a long meeting, both of which I could hear and do well in.

There was a tiny detail that I left out.  The phone call and the meeting were both interviews, and I  will be starting a  new job in June.  Same company, but a different site and a different role.  It's going to be new to me, and after a lot of years where I am now, I'm looking forward to a new challenge.  I'm also much more confident than I was a year ago that I can function and hear people.

In fact, today I went to lunch with five other people from my current job, and we went to a restaurant that I've always had trouble in.  it's just a huge room, and it's noisy.  But again, no trouble at all, we had a good time and a good discussion.

It still doesn't sound perfect, but in general so much is easier now - and I'm getting used to it.  It's really a cool thing to be starting to reverse nervousness and frustration that's been a significant part of my life for so long.

Those t-shirts might be right.  Life is good.

And it's spring!  No more snow in the front yard, the grass and the trees are getting green and the forsythia has blossoms.  And vacation's coming up.

Good times!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

where do we go from here?

post time

phhht