centerfield

I just realized that it's been over a week since I posted anything.  This is actually fairly indicative of the stage in this process I'm in:  rehab, rehab, rehab.  

Mapping.

Rehab, rehab, rehab.

It's like that.   I had a new mapping last week, and we added some volume to the midrange frequencies which added some fullness to what I'm hearing but it is no longer the program that I've got my brain trained to, so the echoing has returned.  I spent most of the July 4 holiday (and I have to say, Wednesday holidays are really weird, the whole structure of the week feels off) doing rehab:  audiobooks, some TV and a movie with captions, followed by some drills on one of the CI rehab apps.  It all helps, but it's also slow going.  I still hear the echo, though I think it's slowly receding.

It's a long process and this is how it goes:  some days there's no apparent milestone.  Incremental progress is often not even noticeable.

Another thing I do for rehab is that each day during my commute I listen to music.  Some of it is excruciating, some is almost okay.  Today, though, I heard a song that sounded right.  It was startling, it's been so long since I heard music that sounded like it should.  Back when I first started this process a friend with a CI described the first time she heard a song that sounded right:  also in the car, but it was Fogarty's Centerfield, and she was so happy to hear it correctly she sang along.  Imagine!

So it seems that my Centerfield is Bob Dylan's Lay, Lady, Lay.  And I don't know it well enough to sing along, and in any case I'm not sure you can sound good singing with Dylan.  But still, it's my milestone for the week.

Now, back to rehab.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

where do we go from here?

post time

phhht