onward and upward

I have been waiting, with my usual lack of patience, to hear from my surgeon about my second surgery.  After I met with my audiologist and she agreed with me that it was time, she met with the surgeon and she also agreed.

But the clinic requires advance authorization from insurance (which, given the cost of the procedure, I understand completely) and so it was submitted, and we all began to wait.

Now, not only was I approved for bilateral implants way back in March, but I also have a letter from the insurance company stating that I don't have to get advance authorization and that my clinic is in-network.  But did that prevent my from getting all wound up about the wait?  

Did it hell.

So I've been getting increasingly nervous throughout the last week or so even though I knew better.  But today when I got home there was a message on the phone.  I asked R to listen to it for me and sure enough, it was Dr. H's office saying the authorization came through and to call to schedule the surgery.

I continue to be amazed that the surgery scheduler at an CI clinic insists on using the telephone, but there's probably not much point in trying to figure THAT out.  

What matters is that on Monday I can email her (because of course I have her email, it's how I communicate) and get my second surgery scheduled.

Here I go.



 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

where do we go from here?

post time

phhht