over the rainbow

Got my second surgery date yesterday:  October 12.  It's farther away than I hoped, but not bad really.  Six months between surgeries is pretty much exactly what is generally recommended and it's almost precisely that.

It also gives me a little more time to make progress with the first CI.  I have a remapping on Tuesday next week, and need it, I have echoes and still some residual tinniness, though K was able to reduce that significantly last time, so I have hopes that we can make some changes that help next week.

But then I'm not scheduled for another appointment till November, and I think I'm going to want something in between.  I can ask on Tuesday.  I can't tell, from the discussions on the forum if my progress is slow or merely average; some people say things didn't really start being clear till the six-month mark and others at a year or so.  It's somewhat immaterial; as long as I can see progress I'm comfortable with the process now.

But with a couple of exceptions when I listen to music in the car it's still far from clear.  I think part of the problem is the background noise - the traffic noise and the noise created by the tires on the road.  It's louder on the highway and while I know it's not part of the music it still makes listening to it challenging.  I've seen a few people say that over time these background noises recede a bit and I hope that's true.

Meantime this morning I heard Israel Kamakawiwo'ole and it sounded almost clear.  Sometimes almost is pretty good. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

where do we go from here?

post time

phhht