fffzzzzzz

I've been a little frustrated this week; the beeps and breathiness have made it hard to use the CI alone without the hearing aid, and yet if I don't, my progress will probably be slower.  So when I'm meeting with people individually at work, I just take the hearing aid out and pay close attention and usually it's okay, even though the people sound peculiar and wrong.

But actual meetings with groups are right out.  I have to use the hearing aid then. 

And aside from that, I'm *tired* of beeps and  the lack of clarity.  And seriously, this thing SLAUGHTERS music.  But the music is part of my rehab, and so I listen. 

But this afternoon while I was doing some sound recognition drills on my rehab program, I realized that the voices were at least a little bit clearer.  Not normal by any means, and not even remotely what I'd call clear, but a bit better.

Then I got up and did some things in the kitchen - cleared up the lunch dishes and made some banana bread, and then I made myself a drink, and when I poured the tonic water into my glass, I heard it fizz.  I don't think I've heard a carbonation fizz in at least twenty years.  

Also, I'm pretty sure that I just learned that my treadmill beeps when your program ends and it goes into  shutdown mode.  Who knew?

Comments

  1. Baby steps. Try Alka-Seltzer. It fizzes too.

    Seriously, I hope your brain starts turning those beeps into real sounds soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Hank, but I prefer tonic water with my vodka. :-) And I'm working on the beeps.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

where do we go from here?

post time

phhht