well, hmm.

Today was a good day (setting aside the fact that I have a 7:30 meeting every Tuesday, and I really really struggle with getting up that early).  But the pain from the pressure of my processor on the incision site was considerably less than it has been.

I attribute this to the fact that I just spent a couple hundred bucks on a pair of glasses with thinner earpieces and a handful of scarves to use as headbands.  At least I got the glasses at Costco so it was only a couple hundred dollars.  


And it's still worth it.  It was really really nice to be in a meeting late this afternoon and not only not be in pain, but I pulled out my hearing aid and spoke to the guy I was meeting with using only my CI.  He didn't sound right, and to be honest I'm really tired of this beepy shit.


But I was able to hear him, if not the people on the phone, and we got through the meeting.  

And on the way home I was getting frustrated because the music I was listening to seemed to sound even beepier than the last couple of days, and it doesn't sound good.  It really doesn't.  And it's not easy to be positive when I'm hearing perfectly good music sound like an accident in a cartoon factory.

But then I got home, and had some dinner, and went out to the porch to get on the treadmill and when I turned on the DVD the program I was watching was mostly sounding really clear.  Better for men with deep voices, but not too bad even for the women.

 So it was two steps back and one forward.  Or, maybe one back and two forward.  All things considered, not a bad day.

I'll take it, I guess.  But man, am I tired of beepy sounds and breathy voices.  If I knew I could spend 24 straight hours working on the rehab and be done with it I'd say to heck with sleep, but it doesn't work that way.

However long it takes, that's how long I've got.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

where do we go from here?

post time

phhht