countdown

Today I went to my regular clinic and got my pneumococcal meningitis vaccine.  I'm building up immunity even as I type.

On Monday I have my pre-op checkup with my primary care doctor.  

I'm almost at the point of looking past the surgery to the really big day:  activation.

I try not to invest too much in the actual day of activation because it may take some time to begin understanding speech clearly, but really, just being able to hear SOMETHING in that useless right ear will be enormous progress and a wonderful step forward.

The number of people who've put me on this path is quite large, from my regular doctor, to the new ENT and audiologist, to the UofM clinic surgeon and audiologist and now their surgery coordinator, who was awesome the last couple of days.  People can really be wonderful.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

where do we go from here?

phhht

post time