driving all my colleagues crazy too

By the time this is over I'm going to have either proven the kindness and loyalty of the people around me, or I'm going to drive them right around the bend and they'll all be avoiding me.

Every day I change my mind again:  risk immediate bilateral, or do them one at a time?  Is it worth the risk or should I be cautious?  If I choose to go bilateral all at once, I will, of course, shut up a lot more quickly one way or another.

One thing that I find myself doing is trying to justify a long-term decision based on short-term issues, which is clearly nonsensical in the extreme.  I mean, look, I'll either go to Columbia (and yes, Missouri, not Latin America) in May or not.  And I may even end up going to Wroclaw before the end of the year, or, again, not.  But do I really think I should schedule implant surgery around that?  No, but  there you are.

I suspect, and hope, that all of this is overwrought imaginings on my part and the year goes by  eventfully but without extreme difficulty.  I hope that I can look back and laugh.

But in the meantime I'm just spreading the anxiety around.  Sorry, world.

Comments

  1. Overwrought but totally understandable! Can't help with advice, but lots of love winging eastward from here.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

where do we go from here?

phhht

post time