oops

If this is going to be a record of my CI journey I guess I require an update today:  turns out we were correct about the general structure of my coverage but wrong about the amounts.  My deductible is $5400.  My maximum out of pocket is $10,800.  Luckily we can come up with it; between a little bit of bait and switch with the HSA (we can move a certain amount to next year's spending, and my husband is really good at that sort of thing) and my bonus and our tax refund we will be okay.

A lot of people wouldn't, though, and I find that dismaying, that there are people who have to forgo getting something this beneficial because of their insurance coverage, or lack of it.  

But I'm glad to be one of the lucky ones.

Comments

  1. I totally agree. There are kids who were victims of some of the recent mass shootings who are having to set up Go Fund Me accounts to help cover their medical expenses. This is not civilized.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

where do we go from here?

post time

phhht